Please read these Terms carefully. Access to, and use of Piperbear products (“Products”), Piperbear services (“Services”), and the Piperbear website (“Website”), including any of its content, is conditional on your agreement to these Terms. You must read, agree with, and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms. By creating an account, or by using or visiting our Website, you are bound to these Terms and you indicate your continued acceptance of these Terms.
1. Your Piperbear Account
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You agree to provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information, including your contact information for notices and other communications from us and your payment information. You may not use false or misleading information, or trade on the name or reputation of others, and Piperbear may change or remove any information that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to expose Piperbear to claims of third parties. You agree that we may take steps to verify the accuracy of information and the identity you have provided to us.
You must immediately notify Piperbear of any unauthorized uses of your information, your account or any other security breaches. Piperbear will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Users of the Website, Products, and/or Services
Your access to, and all of your use of the Piperbear Website, Products, and/or Services must be lawful and must be in compliance with these Terms, and any other agreement between you and Piperbear.
When accessing or using the Website, Products, and/or Services, you must behave in a civil and respectful manner at all times. We specifically prohibit any use of the Website, Products, and/or Services, and you agree not to use the Website, for any of the following:
- Engaging in conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, giving rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any city, state, national or international law or regulation that would fail to comply with accepted internet protocol;
- Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that is copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the owner to post it;
- Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
- Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that infringes on any other intellectual property, privacy or publicity right of another;
- Attempting to interfere in any way with the Website, or our networks or network security, or attempting to use our Website to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system;
- Accessing data not intended for you, or logging on to a server or account, which you are not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization (or succeeding in such an attempt);
- Attempting to interfere or interfering with the operation of the Website, Products, and/or Services, or our provision of Services to any other users of the Website, our hosting provider or our network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, “flooding”, “mail bombing” or “crashing” the Website.
In addition, if you operate an account, contribute to an account, post material to the Website or any Piperbear social media, post links on the Website, or otherwise make material available by means of the Website
or Social Media (any such material, “Content”), you are solely responsible for the content of, and any harm and damages resulting from that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if anyone else has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received written permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured a written waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unethical or unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not obscene, libelous, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
If you delete Content, Piperbear will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website and our servers, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made unavailable to the public immediately.
You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Piperbear shall take reasonable precautions to prevent the transmission of harmful content from its technology systems to your technology systems.
Piperbear disclaims any liability for any harm or damages resulting from your access or use of the Website, Products, and/or Services, or access or use of non-Piperbear websites.
Piperbear has the right (though not the obligation) to (i) refuse or remove any Content that, in Piperbear’s reasonable opinion, violates any Piperbear policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminates or denies access to and use of the Website, Products, and/or Services, to any person for any reason, in Piperbear’s sole discretion.
3. Fees and Payments
By purchasing Products and/or Services, you agree to pay all fees indicated for such Product or Service. Payments will be due as indicated when purchasing Products and/or Services.
Configurations and prices of the Website, Products, and/or Services are subject to change at any time, and Piperbear shall at all times be entitled to modify configurations, fees, prices and quotations, provided that no price changes shall be made applicable to you during a subscription term, and shall only take effect after Piperbear and you have agreed.
You agree to any such changes if you do not object in writing to Piperbear within seven (7) business days of receiving notice. In case of changes in law such that additional taxes are levied that are or becomes irrecoverable with a consequent increase to the costs to Piperbear of delivering the Products and/or Services, whereby and to such an extent Piperbear is entitled to increase its prices accordingly and retroactively.
expenses paid by you.
The configurations and specifications of the Website, including without limitation all content there available, the Products, and the Services may be amended and/or updated from time to time, at the sole discretion of Piperbear. You are bound by any such changes or updates, unless such changes materially diminish the functionality and value of the Website, Products and/or Services.
5. Limitation of Liability of Piperbear, its Suppliers and its Licensors
Under no circumstances shall any party, its subsidiaries and affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees or agents, and other representatives, be liable for any indirect, consequential, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including but not limited to lost profits and business interruption, whether in contract or in tort, including negligence, arising in any way from the use of the Website, Products, Services, and/or the Contents thereof, or of any hyperlinked website even if such party is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. Your Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that your use of the Website, Products, and/or Services will be in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside, and with any other applicable policy or terms and conditions.
By booking through the Piperbear Website, you are agreeing to the House Rules and Regulations associated with the property you are booking. Failure to follow these Rules and Regulations is grounds for terminating your stay and having you removed from the property.
Subject to the limitations set forth herein, the Parties agree to defend, indemnify, and hold each other harmless, including its subsidiaries and affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees or agents, and other representatives, from and against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and costs (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs), arising out of, relating to or in connection with (i) a material violation of these Terms, or any agreement between the Parties, or (ii) any allegation that any information or material (including any Content) violates any rights of any third party.
You understand and agree that, by using the Products and/or Services, you are solely responsible for any data, including personally identifiable information, collected or processed via our Products and/or Services. You will defend, indemnify, and hold Piperbear harmless, without any limitation, for all damages in connection to (alleged) violations of any privacy laws through the use of the Products and/or Services under your account.
Each party shall take out adequate insurance in order to cover its risks hereunder. It is strongly recommended you purchase Travel Insurance through a 3rd party when booking your stay. Piperbear will not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform any of its obligations to you caused by events beyond its reasonable control. Piperbear will notify you promptly of the reasons for the delay or cancelation and will take all reasonable steps to overcome such events.
If you are located in the United States and use or access the Website, Products, and/or Services from the United States, these Terms, the Website, Products, and/or Services and any and all agreements between you and Piperbear shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida, without giving effect to the United Nations Convention on the Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. All disputes between you and Piperbear shall be resolved under the International Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association in front of a sole arbitrator. The language of the arbitration shall be English. Any award, verdict or settlement issued under such arbitration may be entered by any party for order of enforcement by any court of competent jurisdiction.
Any cause of action against a party, regardless whether in contract, tort or otherwise, must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
If any part of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the Parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of these Terms or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may only assign your rights under these Terms to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, the terms hereof in writing. Piperbear may assign its rights under these Terms at its sole discretion. These Terms will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of the Terms, or your use of the Website, Products, and/or Services.
9. A Special Note About Children
The Website is not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 16, and our Products and Services may not be purchased by anyone under the age of 25. If you are under the age of 16, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 16, you should use the Website only with consent of a parent or guardian.